Sunday, March 28, 2010

Victoria Beckham Is Honestly, well Skinny

In the wake of the Tiger Woods scandal it is pleasing to see celebrities becoming more transparent--because we all know how secrecy in the spotlight can backfire. However, it was still surprising to me when I came across some blatantly truthful answers in a mini-interview with Victoria Beckham in the December issue of Allure.
Along with questions about her personal life, Allure prompted Beckham with the question of burgers or salads. Beckham opted for the salad, “I’m not going to lie -- I'm not one of those people that says, 'Oh, I eat hamburgers.'" I wasn’t surprised when I read this but I did find it refreshing that she was honest, most celebrities claim that they eat whatever they want. Megan Fox is even quoted saying that she only leaves her house for KFC.

This isn’t the first time Beckham has graced the pages of Allure. In the August 2008 issue of Allure Beckham was unsurprisingly under fire about her incredibly thin figure, her interviewer not only asked her what she weighed but if she thought that “fat people” had an “ick factor.”

Beckham, doing her publicist proud, responded maturely and respectfully, “That’s an awful question. People have to be healthy. Some people can’t help being thin; some people can’t help being fat. People can’t help the way they look. I don’t like it when people are mean about me, so I’m not going to be mean about anybody else.”
More celebrities need to practice honesty. Openness is what the public wants; it eliminates the ability to make assumptions and increases credibility for the celebrity. I applaud Beckham for doing PR proud!

1 comment:

Shaylen said...

It is refreshing to hear celebs being candid cause it doesn't happen often...thanks for the refreshing post! Love your blog!