Sunday, July 13, 2008

The NOT word of the day: FAT

I am SO tired of the word FAT. I'm sick of the way it sounds, what it implies, the way that it's used. It's mean and cold.
The crazy part about the word FAT lately, is that I've only heard people using it to address themselves! Crazy, right? To call yourself fat? A word that completely disregards a human being, sacrifices who they are, because of a few (or more than a few) extra pounds.
What is fat anyway? Who has the authority to deem someone "fat" or "fit." And now there are all kinds of different elements to "fat" that I have never even heard of before,
-Fat
-Obese
-Overweight
-Skinny fat?
SKINNY FAT? WHAT is this?! You mean to tell me a person who is "skinny" can also be "fat." Fat is an epidemic, and I don't mean in the sense of weight, I mean in the sense of body images.
SO to everyone out there who repeatedly calls yourselves FAT when you look in the mirror, or fat when you mentally describe the way that you look, fat when your sad, fat when your emotionally eating away your pain, fat when you feel like your stuck inside a suit made of calories and french fries, fat when your constantly diminishing your own efforts to not be fat, STOP. STOP and banish the word FAT from your vocabulary, from your mind.
Fat is no longer an adjective, it is a trap.

I don't care what size you are. I don't care if you wear a 2, 6, or 26, you are and can be beautiful.

Fat is not a word to define a person. Fat is a cage to lock yourself in, and they key to getting out is finding out why being FAT does not describe anyone.

So lets all take oath to not use the word fat to describe ourselves or anyone else.
-Thank you!

1 comment:

Gina said...

that was put pefectly!